The Waterman Blackout Koa wood watch has finally surfaced...breath deep or maybe gasp...it's pretty sweet. The original Hawaiian watermen used koa to make outrigger canoes, surfboards, and sailing canoes...pretty much everything we love about being on the water.
- Hawaiian "curly" grained Koa face (from the Big Island, Hawaii)
- Japanese Moon-Phase Movement
- Sapphire Crystal (scratch proof), Stainless, Stainless Band
- Quick Deployment Clasp
- Water resistant to 330 feet (that should keep you busy)
- 1 Year Full NO-HASSLE Warranty... no worries, we've got you covered
- 47mm diameter, 13mm thick, 22mm band
The design concept was to pay homage to the original watermen by incorporating elements a modern waterman would appreciate. The gunmetal color matches the lava fields of South Koan. The lugs are surfboard fin shape with fcs screws on the side. Our best "curly" grained Koa wood, hand finished in our shop in Honolulu, ensures the face becomes the crowning jewel. You can learn more about the process HERE.
Beyond the aesthetic design, I really wanted to create a wooden watch for men that never had to be taken off. The crown is inset the maximum amount to prevent rubbing on your wrist. The silicone band will stand up to whatever you throw at it and looks at home in board shorts or a suit. If you decide to take it off, the quick deployment clasp makes it easy without the need to resize the watch. Our strategy seems to be working as we've received 40 out of 42, 5 star reviews (the other two were 4 star).