Untie the sailboat, cast away the lines and leave the troubles of land life behind. The Castaway Koa wood watch was destined to chase new horizons. Preferably ones with warm sea breezes and swaying palm trees. The Koa wood watch pays homage to the ancient Polynesian wayfinders that used the Koa wood to make their sailing vessels. It's time to go bamboo, it's Hawaiian time, redefined.
- Hawaiian "curly" Koa Face (hand finished in the maker's shop in Hawaii)
- Japanese Moon Phase Movement, Sapphire Crystal (scratch proof), Stainless,
- 330 feet water resistant
- Leather Band, Butterfly Clasp (for a touch of class)..also available in Silicone
- 1 Year Full NO-HASSLE Warranty... no worries, we've got you covered
- 47mm Diameter, 12mm Thickness, 22mm band
The maker designs the wood watches and hand finishes the Koa in his small shop in Honolulu. He's focused on small batch production so he can guarantee the best quality while providing a wood watch that is truly unique and rare. He uses only the most amazing "curly" grained Koa from the Big Island...the most rare, beautiful, and expensive. The strategy seems to be working as the watches received 40 out of 42, 5 star reviews (the other two were 4 star).
The design inspiration for The Castaway was life on boats in the Ala Wai harbor. In the harbor, there's a small window of time when the night overtakes the sun and a glimmer of copper color melts into the water. As the light fades, the winds usually calm and you hear the sound of the water on the hull of the boat. The mehelani moon would rise and barely illuminate the dark deep blue of the water. It's that experience that this design pulls from.