Koa Wood Face Watch - Waterman Rose-Gold
The Waterman Koa wood face watch has finally surfaced...breath deep or maybe gasp...it's pretty sweet. The original Hawaiian watermen used koa to make outrigger canoes, surfboards, and sailing canoes...pretty much everything we love about being on the water.
- Available with Black, Brown, or Blue Gray Leather...OR Black or Navy Blue Silicon Band.
- Hawaiian "curly" grained Koa Face (from the Big Island, Hawaii)
- Japanese Movement, Sapphire Crystal (scratch proof), Stainless, Leather Band
- Quick Deployment Clasp
- Water-resistant to 330 feet (that should keep you busy)
- 1 Year Full NO-HASSLE Warranty... no worries, you're covered
- 47mm diameter, 13mm thick, 22mm band
- Black Dial
The design concept was to pay homage to the original watermen by incorporating elements a modern waterman would appreciate. The lugs are surfboard fin shape with FCS screws on the side. The turnable bezel is the color of the Pacific Ocean...of course the maker color matched it. The chrome against the wood is reminiscent of the brightwork on a yacht. Finally, the best "curly" grained Koa wood, hand-finished in the maker's shop in Honolulu, ensures the face becomes the crowning jewel.
Beyond the aesthetic design, the desire was to create a wood watch for men that never had to be taken off. The crown is inset the maximum amount to prevent rubbing on your wrist. The silicone band will stand up to whatever you throw at it and looks at home in board shorts or a suit. If you decide to take it off, the quick deployment clasp makes it easy without the need to resize the watch. The strategy seems to be working as the watch received 40 out of 42, 5-star reviews (the other two were 4 stars).